About GamoshiGamoshi began in 2016 as a startup with the aim of unifying and simplifying online advertising for companies of all sizes.
Advertising has become a complex industry in the digital age, with a vast range of media and message types competing for audiences and brand awareness in a vast global marketplace.
By removing technological barriers, Gamoshi’s integrated cloud-based platform gives brands, organizations, and companies the tools they need to participate successfully in the digital advertising world.
The AWS Factor
Gamoshi originally selected Google Cloud Platform as their cloud provider. Yet as Gamoshi’s customer base grew, they started feeling growing pains. AWS seemed to offer greater capabilities and promise for future scalability along with a more attractive pricing model for their business.
They chose to partner with CloudZone to make it a reality. Since 2013, CloudZone has guided organizations from startup size to multinational enterprises through cloud transitions of all types, from DevOps to big data, from cybersecurity to hybrid solutions that harness the best of legacy along with cutting-edge cloud capabilities.
Any migration project, whether from on-premises to cloud or from one cloud provider to another, brings with it a range of challenges. In this case, major potential obstacles included:
- Zero down-time: Customer real-time bidding (RTB) platform could not tolerate downtime as this could result in major losses to customers.
- Performance and data preservation: Migration from Google’s BigQuery to AWS had to be accomplished while preserving performance and data integrity.
- Capability and scalability: The AWS-based solutions selected had to be able to handle Gamoshi’s intensive Kubernetes workloads serving over 500,000 requests per second (RPS).
- Cost savings: Since cost savings were one of the primary drivers for the migration, CloudZone needed to build the most cost-effective solution possible based on Kubernetes and Analytical AWS services.
Clear, Measurable Results
- More than $20K in cost reductions
- Open Lake House engine, real-time analytics and data lake stream processing capabilities powered by AWS Redshift and Upsolver
- Better performance at customer end through AWS
- Optimizing business model to fit the use-case (EDW from pay-per-query to fixed)
Customer Quote “When we started thinking about migration to AWS, we were looking for real partnership and guidance. CloudZone helped design a robust, sustainable and cost-efficient infrastructure in a very demanding ecosystem.” — Moshe Mozes, co-founder & CEO, Gamoshi
Why did Gamoshi choose AWS?
CloudZone helped Gamoshi clarify their rationale for switching providers. Overall, they determined that AWS had an edge due to its greater experience in this area along with a range of services designed to save IT resources and provide more flexible, scalable solutions.
- Wealth of services/platform maturity: Gamoshi sells infrastructure as a service and requires a variety of solutions to solve real life problems efficiently and quickly. AWS provides the necessary wealth and depth of solutions and templates to easily move, mix, and match to create the most efficient solution for each customer’s specific needs.
- Cost efficiency: Higher utilization drives high value. Gamoshi’s platform is based on 90% spot instances, working in real time, so every uptime second counts. AWS’s higher quality of service lets Gamoshi’s customers maximize their investment and derive more value from the platform.
- Widespread mature networking: Many Gamoshi customers are already running on AWS, enabling better performance.
- Big data capabilities: Gamoshi provides customers with an analytics dashboard that depends heavily on big data capabilities. Gamoshi’s data platform now uses AWS services like Kinesis and Redshift, along with third-party solutions like Upsolver.
How did partnering with CloudZone help you throughout the migration?
According to Moshe Mozes, Gamoshi co-founder & CEO, “We were looking for real partnership and guidance—moving to AWS is a complex challenge.”
“Becoming familiar with the wealth of services was not an easy task, and we wanted a partner that could steer, guide, and hold our hands throughout the entire journey. CloudZone dramatically shortened the research time, helped narrow down the wealth of alternatives and lock in on the right services and tools to use.
CloudZone’s support enabled us to stay up and running 24/7 throughout this migration project.
CloudZone’s architects helped us design a robust, sustainable and cost efficient infrastructure in a very demanding eco system.” “CloudZone’s deep experience in infrastructure, architecture, Kubernetes and Big Data was key to the success of this project.”
- AWS Partnership & Funding: “CloudZone exposed us to the AWS support and funding programs and led the entire process with the AWS team resulting in great ROI and smoother migration to AWS.”
- Failure-Proof Delivery:
“We had to find a trusted partner to push things forward through the migration. Since our system works 24/7, we couldn’t have done it without CloudZone.”
- Ongoing Support:
“Our setup is almost ready—now we need less attention, but still have daily interactions with CloudZone—for practical support and brainstorming.”
- Overall Quality of Service:
“CloudZone has become our DevOps team. We plan to continue this relationship going forward—with weekly or even daily help sustaining, extending, and introducing new Amazon features.”